Mississippi Insurance CE

Browse our Mississippi Courses

Are you an approved provider of CE in Mississippi?

Yes. Our Mississippi state approval number is: 10000425.

How long will it take to have my credits processed?

Most students will have their credits processed the same day on which we receive their signed affidavit, issued upon completion of their final exam. If an affidavit is received outside of our normal business hours, these credits will be processed on the morning of the next business day. Once your credits have been successfully filed, you will receive a notification email that also contains your Certificate of Completion.

Do I need a proctor during my exam?

Mississippi insurance continuing education requires a disinterested third party proctor (be present) during your final exam. "Disinterested third party" shall mean a licensed insurance producer, independent adjuster or public adjuster, or a person with no family or financial relationship to the student. The proctor must be over the age of 18 and cannot be a friend or relative nor anyone with a financial interest in the exam result. A co-worker may proctor the exam, but only if they are not above or below the licensee's line of supervision. .

What are the requirements for my course's final exam?

Self-study final exams are closed book. Licensees may not refer to the course material while the exam is in progress.

The final exam must be passed with a score of 70 percent or higher to receive credit. Students have unlimited attempts to pass the exam.

Are there filing fees in Mississippi?

A roster fee of $4.75 per course is required to process course credits in this state. This fee will be added to your order total during checkout and is then sent by us to the state upon completion.

Are there time limits on my course or exam?

No. You may spend as much time with the course material as you feel necessary, and you may come and go from that material as often as you like. There is no time limit on our exams, however all exams must be completed within one sitting. Once started, if an exam is abandoned for any reason you will need to begin that exam from the beginning when you next return.

Do take special note that every course has an expiration date, which is based on both the state approval and your website purchase date. In order to receive credit you must complete the course before that expiration date.

What are the resident CE requirements in Mississippi?

New Insurance Producers, Public Adjusters and Independent Adjusters (Less than 18 months): 12 CE hours

Existing Insurance Producers, Public Adjusters and Independent Adjusters (in effect for 19-24 months): 24 CE hours, including 3 hours of ethics.

Professional Bail Agents, Soliciting Bail Agents and Bail Enforcement Agents: 16 CE hours with 8 hours completed each year.

CE Course Restrictions: Credit must be taken in the line of authority for the type of license held.


Special Training Education Requirements
Annuity Best Interest
Updated Training Requirement!

Effective 1/1/2022: Mississippi amended its previous Suitability in Annuities training requirement to a Best Interest training requirement.

Producers licensed prior to the effective date who previously complete a 4 hour Suitability in Annuities course must complete either a 4 hour Best Interest course or a 1 hour Best Interest Update course no later than 6/30/2022.

Producers licensed after the effective date, or those who do not complete the update training prior to 06/30/2022, must complete a 4 hour Best Interest course prior to selling annuity products.


Producers who write flood insurance must complete a one-time 3-hour training class on flood insurance and the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

What are the non-resident CE requirements in Mississippi?

Producers take CE in their resident state.  There is no requirement for CE for non-residents.



When do I need to have my CE completed?
  •   The Producer license is a 2-year license term ending on the last day of their birth month.
  •   The Adjuster license is a 1-year license term ending on May 31st.
May I re-take a course for credit that I have already completed successfully?

Courses may only be taken for credit once in a license term.

Is there a CE carryover allowance in Mississippi?

Carryover of excess CE credit hours is not allowed.

Are there any CE exemptions in Mississippi?

The following are exempt from Mississippi CE requirements:

  • Inactive producers
  • Producers holding limited lines licenses
  • Nonresident producers
  • Nonresident adjusters

There shall be no continuing education required for Professional Bail Agents, Soliciting Bail Agents and Bail Enforcement Agents for the first
year of an original license.

There shall be no continuing education required for renewal of a bail agent license for any applicant who is sixty-five (65) years of age and who
has been licensed as a bail agent for a continuous period of twenty (20) years immediately preceding the submission of the application as evidenced by submission of an affidavit, under oath, on a form prescribed by the department.

How may I contact the state of Mississippi?
Mississippi Insurance Department
Phone: 601-359-3569 or 800-562-2957
Fax: 601-359-1951
Web site: www.mid.ms.gov
Mailing Address:
Mississippi Insurance Department
Agents Licensing Unit
P.O. Box 79
Jackson, MS 39205-0079
Phone: 877-876-4430
Web site: www.sircon.com
Browse our Mississippi Courses

Disclaimer: InsuranceStudy provides this information as a courtesy to individuals who are subject to continuing education (CE) as insurance producers, agents, adjusters and/or brokers. Although reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate and current, neither InsuranceStudy nor its employees warrant or represent that this information is accurate and current. All information is subject to change without notice. We encourage you to contact the relevant licensing body and/or your carrier to find the most up-to-date and personally relevant requirements.